PCSX2 BIOS:-Have you ever wondered if your elder member ever played video games, or if they do, how did they play? Well, in 2002, a revolutionary product was introduced on the market. That allowed almost every game to play on the PC. But honestly, the Computers were not so supportive at that time.
It was PCSX2 1.7.2875 was the first version of the century. But back then, as we said, PCs were not so appropriate for PCSX. As a result, players encountered various situations like hang and game lag.
But PCSX2 is a PlayStation emulator that was made for PS2 games. Know more
|Use||Play your PS2 games on your PC|
|Compatible With||Windows, Linux|
|Language||English 6 more|
Below Alternative link
New Version of PCSX2
As time has changed, different technology has appeared, and we have tested various games, from pix to 3D, blocks to puzzles, numbers to words, almost everything. Yet the popularity of PS2 games was not moved a little bit. Popularity can be measured with the help of PCSX2 1.6.0. This particular emulator was perfect for any PS2 game.
No wonder people still love to play PS2 games in the age of 3D games. Unsurprisingly those games are way more engaging, and people can feed their excitement. However, those PS2 games are not too far in the matter of revolution. Now with the help of PCSX2, you can play the upgraded version of those games.
You can Also check out:-
Features of PCSX2:
PCSX2 1.7.2875 is the latest version of PCSX2 with some advanced features. It is an upgrade version of 2019’s PCSX2. The interfaces are refined and come with Nvidia Graphics or Ryzen. This graphic allows pcsx2 to run at 100fps. However, the Boot feature is as usual. You will see MCBOOT like a regular PS2 Console. Later after the boot procedure, you have been asked to choose your preferred ISO for PS2 games.
Extra Advantages of PCSX2
PCSX2 offers you to choose your resolution. It can be anything up to 4096×4096. The emulator will not be aliasing itself but filtering the texture.
Again, this is probably heaven for a player as it can offer unlimited memory cards. This emulator allows you to save your states which technically lets you start right from where you left.
One can use any game controller. It also allows Keyboard and mice to use as controllers.
There is a feature named frame-limit, which you can use to control the game speed.
What is more attractive in this overall emulator is its HD Video Recorder. PCSX2 is supportive of the Cheat code. However, you need to use a PNACH patching file for that.
PC Composition for PCSX2
- PCSX2 suits are operating systems like Windows 8,10, 11, Linux, MAC, or any OS with 64-bit.
- Processor must not be less than I-core 5.
- GPU must support Direct 3D10, OpenGL 3. X, or GeForce GTX 750
- Ram must be 4GB or above.
- Video memory should be 2GB.
This composition is necessary for PCSX2, but you can use any upgraded version more than this. However, one thing you must know about your system composition. It would help if you had a more excellent processor than a grated GPU. Also, a better-quality motherboard is required for a faster processor.
How to Install PCSX2 on Your Computer?
PCSX2 would not be so popular worldwide if it could not be run on a computer. However, you must configure it properly before running your favorite PS2 game. Game Utility is very excellent. Moreover, adding a few plugins allows you to use your regular input device to play PS2 games. However, in our suggestion, a gamepad would be best.
Download -it is very easy that you must download your PCSX2 from the official website. However, you can also encounter several issues during download and installation. Still, we believe slow download and installation are better than scams, bugs, viruses, and hackers. However, checking your PC’s configuration and downloading a suitable file for the best experience is recommended. Or you can also check some other renowned sources for download.
Bios of PlayStation-
Bios is a system that is required to run your computer. Not only does it hosts all initial level programs, but it also manages all required command between the computer and PCSX2. For PCSX2, a particular PlayStation 2 BIOS is required. You can download it before or after downloading PCSX2. The BIOS file is almost 12 to 13 MB.
Installation of PCSX2-
Though earlier PCSX2 files required a wizard for installation, a standalone program was later introduced, and this one needs no external help for installation.
The Installation Process of The Latest PCSX2
- Download the same File that suits your computer’s composition. Go to the File, right-click on the File and click to extract the File. When you get the extracted folder, open it. (We recommend moving the zip file as soon as the download is completed. If you do not move your File from C-drive, it will not let you access the entire program.)
The Installation Process of Old PCSX2
- Before you start, move the File to some other drive. Now double click on the EXE file or setup file.
- You have to choose from the Choose Components Box at this stage.
- Click on the boxes and hit the Next button.
- The installation process will be started. Now, as the box of “Visual C++” appears on your screen, click on the “I agree” button.
- Your installation will be completed in a few seconds or minutes.
Setup PS2 BIOS-
As we said, you can download the required BIOS file before or after downloading the PCSX2 File. It will let you complete the entire setup process instantly. Now follow the process.
- Move the File immediately after download, just like the PCSX2 File.
- Double click on the “pcsx2.exe.” file, or go to the start menu and open PCSX2 (in case your version is old)
- “First Time Configuration Screen” box will appear on the screen.
- Now you will see a box in which you will see a small box with “Use default setting.” Check if the box is ticked.
- Now on the right side of the screen, you will see “Open in Explorer.” Click on the button.
- You will see a message “This path does not exist. Create it?”. Hit on the create it link.
- It is time for the next step. But before that, copy the BIOS folder location and save it somewhere. Now minimize the window and go to the downloaded BIOS folder. Select all, copy, and paste to the bios folder of PCSX2. (Be very attentive at this place, do not paste those files to any subfolder)
- Now open The “First Time Configuration window” again, and refresh the page. You will see a few things Like- Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console
Europe v01.00(14/06/2004) Console
Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
- Now click on your preferred country’s address
- Hit on the “Finish” button
Your PCSX2 is entirely ready for the run.
How to Configure Keyboard or Gamepad?
As you know, you cannot play PS2 without Keyboard or Gamepad, so, unfortunately, you cannot escape the process. However, emulators come with keyboard configuration. But here we are playing on PCSX2. And the keyboard command section is empty. And it would be best if you filled the gaps according to your preferences. However, a gamepad can at least reduce your hard work.
Let’s dig into the process-
- Open PCSX2, and open the config tab. You will see it right at the top of the window.
- Go to Gamepad Setting and click on it.
- You will see three tabs in a row: General, Pad1, and Pad2. Pad1 is for Player 1 and Pad 2 for Player 2.
- You will find a considerable tab where you will have to input your preferred keyboard configuration. Now click a random button and press a key from your keyboard or gamepad.
- Follow the same process for each tab. When you complete the process, you will see a tab named “Device/PC Control/PS2 Control.”
- Now finish it by clicking OK.
Plugins for PCSX2
We all know what plugins are. But still, we should know a little more about it.
What is a Plugin?
It is software that has been used to enhance the performance of PCSX2. You have to install various plugins to imitate the video and audio appearance of PCSX2. However, it would help if you had different plugins for audio and video. Few plugins also let you configure your system to provide easy access options.
Few Popular Plug-ins
- GSdx- enhance the appearance of the video. One of the fastest and most exact software for graphics.
- GSdx FX- A plugin to render the video quality by adjusting light, brightness, and contrast during post-procession.
- ZZogl-This is also a Video plugin that suite both Linux and Windows
- SPU2-X- It is one of the most impressive audio plugins.
- SSSPSX Pad- It is just used for input.
- LilyPad- when you do not have any external game controller, you can install LilyPad. It supports every input device.
- Nuvee- Nuvee is very famous among those who like lightguns and USB mice
- TwinPad- An external software to support your Keyboard and mouse.
- XPad- it is used to control the Xbox 360, both wired and wired-less.
- CDVD- this one is used to run a game from an optical disc.
- Linuz ISO CDVD- this one is used to compress the ISO file.
- Dev9- It externally supports The PS2 hard disk drive.
- MegaDev9- this is an upgraded version of Dev9
- NetPlay- this is highly used to play a group game over the internet.
However, a few plugins are put together in the core emulator to reduce the use of plugins. They are-
- GS and GSDX
- SPU AND SPU2
- PAD AND LilyPad (preferred for window OS) / Onepad (Linux Os)
- DEV9 AND Dev9Gigaherz
- CDVD AND CDVDGigaherz
How to Install a Plugin?
If you are using your computer to play PS2 games, you indeed have PCSX2. With special plugins, you can adjust the performance of PCSX2. Again, you can adjust your keyboard and mouse to use them as a controller. Let us see how to install them.
- Step 1- Download the plugin you want for PCSX2. But check the list before you download. Click on the start button.
- Step 2- Open C Drive to visit the “program file” folder.
- Step 3- open the “Plugins” folder followed by the “PCSX2” folder.
- Step 4- Drag the preferred plugin “.dill” file and place it into the plugin folder.
- Step 5- Start PCSX2 and the configuration by clicking on the “Config” button. You will find it on the Menu.
- Step 6- On the Configuring page, hit the “First Controller” button. Then look for the plugin’s name in the display list. Now click on the name.
Your PCSX2 is ready now. And you can enjoy your game.
Setup of PS2 Games
You do not need unique guidance to play a game using PlayStation2, PlayStation 3, or Xbox Controller. But a one-time setup direction is required. You can find various easy guidance on Youtube.
Loading a PS2 Games.
It is effortless to play PS2 games using PCSX2. All you have to do is follow the steps.
- Insert your DVD on your computer.
- Select disc by visiting CDVD Menu. Now go to Drive selector and select DVD of your PlayStation 2 game.
- Now, as you are ready, go to the system.
- Open BOOT CDVD to play your game.
(Please note that if you are using your DVD-ROM directly to play the game, you are probably indirectly affecting your pc. It will slow down the entire system as well as your game. To avoid any circumstances, you can mount the DVD into an ISO image, and then you can play the game.)
Mounting a PS2 ISO
- Download the ISO file or transform your DVD file into an ISO image.
- Place the image on your computer (avoid C-Drive)
- Open PCSX2.
- Go to CDVD and select ISO Selector
- Now Browse your File.
- Go to System and open Boot CDVD.
- You need to give your computer a few seconds to load the game.
PCSX2 can open ISO, BIN, IMG, MDF, and NRG FILES. And if you want to play any other game, it must be in ZIP, RAR, OR 7Z File to extract them.
Another important feature- you can click every mounted game saved right at the ISO section on the ISO Selector. All you have to do is continue to click right on those tabs.
CDVD→ ISO Selector→ ISO→ Your Game
Frequently Asked Questions-
Why my PlayStation 2 is getting slow?
We know that your PCSX2 is fit for your computer. And your pc has met the requirements, yet your game is running slow. That is because your pc has met the requirements, but PCSX2 needs an upgrade version. Suppose PCSX2 needs at least an Icore-3 processor to run the game properly, but you need a higher-quality processor. Again, PCSX2 needs at least 4 GB ram while it runs smoothly if you have 8 GB ram. So, if you are encountering such issues, upgrade your PC or download an older version.
How to troubleshoot PCSX2 if it is not working?
Before troubleshooting the issue, check your pc configuration first and then troubleshoot. However, if you are sure about it, you can use three different ways to fix the problem.
1. Uninstall and Reinstall-
Sometimes too much data can disturb the performance of the PCSX2. In this case, you can use uninstall and reinstall process to fix the issue. Go to device manage→ uninstall controller drive → remove the controller→ plug it again→ Windows will reinstall the controller automatically.
If unnecessary error and other technical error is causing the issue, then it will be fixed after the process.
2. Replace Game Device APIs
If you are facing a PCSX2 controller issue, you can fix the issue by Replacing the game device API. Follow this step- Go to Config→ Controllers→ Plugin Setting→ General→ Game Device APIs.
Now click on the check box of XInput to uncheck it and check if your gamepad can be configured by Direct Input mode. However, it will only work for Keyboard, but if you are using Xbox, you should use Xinput.
3. Use a Different Controller Plugin-
If you encounter the same problem more than two times, I believe it is time to change the plugin. PCSX2 can offer various plugins that offer the same support. You can use a different one instead of your favorite one. Sometimes plugins file can get affected. In that case, you can uninstall the plugin, restart your pc and PCSX2 and then install the plugin again. You will get a list of PCSX2 Plugins above.
If you are a game buffer and crazy about PS2 games, then PSCX is best for you. In this topic, you will know about everything related to PCSX2. Whether you are a new bee or want to know more about it, you will find everything about it here. How to install it or the pc requirement, the new or old version, plugins for PCSX2, and everything. If you want to play that great PS2, PS3, or Xbox games on your Computer or Laptop, then you must get your PCSX2. But as we said, you should download it from reliable sources.