A BIOS file is like a battery of your UPS. What if you remove the battery from your Ups? It will not run. Similarly, a computer or any other device related to software can not run without a BIOS. BIOS is a program that tests all the devices attached to your system and gives them the necessary instruction to work.
However, you need three things to play PlayStation games on your Computer/Laptop/ Andriod device. An emulator, a PlayStation BIOS, and a ROM. Though, getting the right BISO is not that easy. But nowadays, many emulators provide their own BIOS files but do not work for PlayStation. PlayStation only works for a BIOS that suits its composition. However, you can take PlayStation BIOS as the emulator’s crack file.
What Is a PlayStation BIOS?
PlayStation or pcsx2 is also a software that requires Basic Input Output System to make its emulator work. An emulator can’t work without a BIOS. But not every BIOS suits every PlayStation. We faced a situation in our life when our PlayStation showed an error. It is because or you have not installed the BIOS files correctly, or they do not suit each other. That is why we always recommend downloading the BIOS before installing the PlayStation.
Why BIOS File is so Important?
A BIOS file is the most necessary item to run your game quickly. Emulating Program and BIOS are intimately involved with each other. They can not be replaced with any other tools. Therefore, you need to find a BIOS that suits the composition of your emulator.
Downloading A Suitable BIOS-
When you have decided to install a PlayStation emulator, you must know one thing you need those indispensable tools. Whether you are playing an online or offline game, the first thing you should do is look for a suitable BIOS File. We suggest you download the BIOS file and emulator from the same website. If you do not find them together, you can visit the official website or any other trusted website.
Types of PlayStation BIOS-
Three types of PlayStation BIOS are available on the internet. They are divided based on Location. When you install the PlayStation BIOS file, it will let you choose your preferred region. Anyway, you do not need all of them. The three regions are Europe, America, and Japan. Most of the Emulator suits American PlayStation BIOS.
Download a PlayStation BIOS file and extract it on your PC or Smartphone. Now check for the “.bin” file. You have to copy that file and place it on your computer or mobile ROM
The name of the BIOS files are-
- American PlayStation BIOS- SCPH1001.bin
- Japan PlayStation BIOS- SCPH1000.bin
- Europe PlayStation BIOS- SCPH7003.bin
Adding BIOS into the Emulator-
As we said, you must download your PlayStation BIOS before installing your PlayStation. To complete the installation task earlier, this step will help you
After downloading and installing PlayStation Emulator, it is time to Put your BIOS in the necessary place. Follow the steps right after installing your PlayStation.
- First, extract the zip file. But do not leave it in the download folder. Transferred the file to another drive.
- Double-click on the PlayStation “setup.exe” file or visit the start menu.
- Now run the program.
- As soon as you start the program, you will see a configuration window.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Recheck carefully all the plugins that you get along with your PlayStation emulator.
- After rechecking, click on the “Next” button again.
- Now you will see a BIOS window on your screen.
- You will see a tab “Open in Explorer.”
- A message flashed on the screen- “This Path Does Not Exist. Create It?”
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Copy the folder’s address where the BIOS should be placed.
- Now Minimize the window.
- Go to the BIOS folder that you have downloaded for your PlayStation.
- Now copy all the files.
- Paste them to the PlayStation BIOS folder, or you can drag them.
- Open the Configuration Window and click on the “Refresh List” tab.
- You will see a four countries list, two lists for Europe, one for Japan and the last for the USA.
- Choose your preferred Location.
- Now click on the “Finish” button.
Your PlayStation BIOS is successfully installed.
Installation guide on an Android device?
Yes, you can play PS2 games on your mobile. But you need to install PlayStation BIOS and Emulator to play on your smartphone or any other Android. Flow the step-
- Download PlayStation Emulator from Google Play.
- Download the ISO file of your favourite PS2 game from a reliable source.
(Note that downloading a PS2 ISO file is illegal, to avoid the situation, only download those files that you have already brought to your PC)
- As we said, PlayStation BIOS is vital, and searching for an appropriate BIOS is very important.
- Use a Mobile zip file extractor to extract the BIOS file.
- Now after launching the emulator, press next.
- It is time to choose the setting. Use the default setting.
- Now import BIOS by clicking on it and then next.
- Now locate the ISO folder by clicking on the “+” button.
- Now Allow access.
- If you see the game name in the app, your effort is successful.
- Open the game and play.
What If PlayStation Shows An Error?
Anything can make your PlayStation stop working. But if your PlayStation continuously shows errors, your PlayStation BIOS gets infected or corrupted. Again, if you are facing the issue as soon as you have installed it, that means the BIOS file is unsuitable for the emulator. In this situation, you must download another suitable PlayStation BIOS for your PCSX.
Is It Illegal To Download PlayStation BIOS?
Though there are some laws for PlayStation BIOS, you will not encounter any problem if you are downloading or using PlayStation BIOS for personal use. But selling or sharing them using for business can lead you to trouble. You may be recognized by the authority or receive legal actions against you.
Now that you know the importance of BIOS for your PlayStation, we hope you will not forget to download or install it. In the above section, you have detailed guidance for PC and your Android device. You can follow the steps and enjoy playing retro typed PlayStation games.